United Way of Colquitt County’s mission is to organize, coordinate, and maximize the resources available to our diverse community to improve the quality of life.
Caring people working together to improve the quality of life in Colquitt County:
- Bringing together a diverse group of community leaders.
- Continually assessing the diverse needs of our community.
- Developing and distributing the available resources through organized community efforts.
- Maintaining responsible stewardship of the available resources.
- Improving communications to agencies and the community.
Form 990 By Year
Three Year Strategic Plan
In 2008, United Way World Wide initiated a 10-year program designed to achieve the following goals by 2018:
- Improve education, and cut the number of high school dropouts — 1.2 million students, every year — in half.
- Help people achieve financial stability, and get 1.9 million working families — half the number of lower-income families who are financially unstable — on the road to economic independence.
- Promote healthy lives, and increase by one-third the number of youth and adults who are healthy and avoid risky behaviors.
These goals are ambitious, but with your help, and by utilizing our core strengths — a national network, committed partners and public engagement capacity — we can achieve them.
What is United Way?
United Way of Colquitt County, based in Moultrie, Georgia, is a non-profit organization that focuses on creating community-based and community-led solutions that strengthen the cornerstones for a good quality of life: education, financial stability and health.
Every year we set a goal to raise money to support over 40 programs through 20 local non-profit organizations. We work with corporate partners, large employers, major firms, small businesses sector, and individual donors to partner with local non-profits to focus on three areas that we feel encompass our community needs: Education, Health and Financial Stability. We target these areas by using statistics based on the need of our county. Any surplus funds from a campaign are directly put back into the community through Community Impact Grants and Special Grants.
Like we always say,
Money raised here, stays here.
When you give to United Way of Colquitt County, you are helping to feed, educate and promote higher quality of life for 44,656 of our most vulnerable neighbors.