Please, review and complete the information below.
United Way of Colquitt County // Code of Ethics
United Way of Colquitt County (UWCC) is committed to the highest ethical standards. The success of our United Way depends upon the ethical conduct of everyone affiliated with United Way of Colquitt County. This code establishes key guidelines to assist UWCC volunteers and staff in making good decisions that are ethical and in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Personal and Professional Integrity
- Strive to meet the highest standards of performance, quality, service, and achievement in working towards UWCC mission
- Communicate honestly and openly and avoid misrepresentation
- Promote a working environment where honesty, open communication and minority opinions are valued
- Exhibit respect and fairness toward all those with whom we come into contact
- Promote good stewardship of UWCC resources that are used to pay operating expenses, salaries and employee benefits
- Observe and comply with all laws and regulations affecting UWCC
- UWCC is responsible to its stakeholders who have placed faith in UWCC. To uphold this trust we refrain from using organizational resources for non-UWCC purposes.”
- Solicitations and Voluntary Giving
- Promote voluntary giving in dealing with donors
- Refrain from any use of coercion in fundraising activities
- Diversity and Equal Opportunity
- Value, champion, and embrace diversity in all aspects of UWCC activities. UWCC respects others without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled or handicapped individual.
- Conflicts of Interest
- UWCC staff:
- Avoid any activity or outside interest which conflicts or appears to conflict with the best interests of UWCC, including involvement with a current or potential UWCC vendor, grantee, or competing organization unless disclosed to and not deemed to be inappropriate by the UWCC Board of Directors.
- UWCC volunteers:
- Should not knowingly take any action, or make any statement, intended to influence the conduct of UWCC in such a way to confer any financial benefit to themselves, their immediate family members or any organization in which they or their immediate family members have a significant interest as stakeholders, directors or officers.
- Disclose all known conflicts or potential conflicts of interest in writing before the Board of Directors, if they are board members, or any committee upon which they serve.
- Ensure that all information, which is confidential, privileged or nonpublic, is not disclosed inappropriately.
- Political Contributions
- UWCC will refrain from engaging in political activities in any manner that may create the appearance that such activity is by or on behalf of United Way of Colquitt County.
- Volunteers and staff are encouraged to seek guidance from the Board of Directors concerning the interpretation or application of this Code of Ethics. Any known or possible breaches of the Code of Ethics should be disclosed to the Board of Directors for investigation to a prompt and fair resolution.
- Board Approved -October 23, 2003 Amended – April 23, 2009