What is United Way?
United Way of Colquitt County, based in Moultrie, Georgia, is a non-profit organization that focuses on creating community-based and community-led solutions that strengthen the cornerstones for a good quality of life: education, financial stability and health.
Every year we set a goal to raise money to support over 40 programs through 20 local non-profit organizations. We work with corporate partners, large employers, major firms, small businesses sector, and individual donors to partner with local non-profits to focus on three areas that we feel encompass our community needs: Education, Health and Financial Stability. We target these areas by using statistics based on the needs of our county. Any surplus funds from a campaign are directly put back into the community through Community Impact Grants and Special Grants.
Like we always say, Money raised here, stays here.
When you give to United Way of Colquitt County, you are helping to feed, educate and promote higher quality of life for 44,656 of our most vulnerable neighbors.
United Way of Colquitt County’s mission is to organize, coordinate, and maximize the resources available to our diverse community to improve the quality of life.
Caring people working together to improve the quality of life in Colquitt County:
- Bringing together a diverse group of community leaders.
- Continually assessing the diverse needs of our community.
- Developing and distributing the available resources through organized community efforts.
- Maintaining responsible stewardship of the available resources.
- Improving communications to agencies and the community.
What is required of a board member?
As a board member we require the following:
- Must attend 50% of the board meetings. There are 6 meetings a year – February, April, June, August, October, December. All Board Dates sent out in January.
- Must serve on one committee. Committees and details are found here: Committee Structure & Overview
- Must serve on an Allocation Panel. Will send out the dates/times early but usually during the month of May!
- Must support United Way financially at a level that is meaningful to you.
- Must participate in Small Business Blitz by selecting three – five small businesses to contact during the United Way Campaign season.
- Attend as many fundraisers and events as possible.